Privacy Statement for Unified Energy Services
Information we may collect and hold
Unified Energy Services may collect and hold the following information:
- Your Name and Title;Your Business Name(s) (Commercial Products)
- Contact information such as addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, ABN/ACN numbers, social media profile(s), website(s)
- Energy billing information provided by you for the purpose of calculating usage trends and determining the best technology solution for you. This information may include, but is not limited to, your NMI (National Metering Identifier), MIRN (Meter Installation Registration Number), total bill amount, daily usage and other information required for us to provide you products and services.
- Credit Card Information for the single use and purpose of processing of customer payments.(Using a PCI DSS Compliant banking portal).
- Information about which of our products and services may be of interest to you
- Where necessary, any information required by us to provide you our products and services and to enable us to identify you as our existing customer when you phone us
How we collect your information
Unified Energy Services may collect your personal information in a variety of ways including:
- Directly from you when you enquire about or apply for our products and services. This may include telephone conversations with our representatives, information you submit via our website, information you provide us through our social media channels. We may also directly collect information in the course of application for employment with us or during engagement as a contractor or service provider.
- From third parties such as those we hold industry relationships with, business partners, clients and other service providers.
- Information we already hold in our database(s); and
- Publicly available sources of information
You are not obligated to provide personal information and you may visit our website or social media channels to communicate with us anonymously. Please be aware however if you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the benefit of our products and services, respond to your query or assist you in logging into any provided online Unified Energy Services accounts.
How we store and secure information
Unified Energy Services stores information in a variety of ways including electronic storage on computer systems and paper files and other types of records. We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is secured against any misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.Our staff are required to handle your information in a compliant manner and we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard personal information we store.
We are however realistic about the security challenges posed by the internet and social media. Because of this we cannot be held liable for the security of any personal or sensitive information you transmit to us over the internet or email, or for any potential unauthorised access and use of that information during that transmission before it reaches our care. For example, it is not advisable to transmit financial information such as credit card details via your email or through social media channels and messaging applications.
How we use the information we collect
Unified Energy Services often requires and uses personal information collected to understand to the best of our ability the needs of our customers. We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Providing you with our products and services, which may include for the purposes of preparation, installation, maintenance, warranty and repair.
- Contacting you to respond to your queries or feedback
- The marketing of our products and services to you in the manner of email promotions, special offers, events or other information of interest
- Improving our products, services, website or social media content or to customise forms on these platforms
- Contacting customers for auditing or market research purposes via telephone, email, or mail
- Internal purposes such as record keeping, accounting or auditing
- To assess your application for employment with us or suitability as a contractor
- For any purposes required of us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and;
- For any other purpose for which you may reasonably expect.
We may occasionally use your personal information to send you marketing material about our products and services. Should you not wish to receive these marketing materials, you can opt out by contacting us and informing us (Please see Access, Correction and Control of Personal Information) or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing emails we may send you.
How we disclose the information we collect
Unified Energy Services may require the personal information it collects (and its intended nature) to be disclosed internally and to third parties. Third party disclosure however will only take place where there is a valid and necessary reason, so that we can best provide our products and services to you and for the normal operation of our business. Third Parties may include:
- Organisations such as contractors/sub-contractors, suppliers, insurers, repairers, whom we may engage as required to carry out the provision of our products and services to you (ie: for the installation of your residential or commercial solar system or lighting installation) or to assist us in the management of our business;
- A finance organisation we may be partnered with that you have given your verbal or written consent to our representative to provide your information to, for the purposes of you receiving contact in relation to their potential provision of financial services to you.
- Credit Reporting Bodies for the assessment of Trade Credit
- IT providers, such as website hosting services and database/information storage services;
- Marketing and communication agencies, printers and mailing houses
- Auditors, solicitors and other professional consultants where required
- Trade, Commercial, Mercantile Agents
- Field Agents and Call centres
- Your referees (if you have applied for employment) and trade referees (if provided for the assessment of commercial trade credit)
- Insolvency Practitioners
- Insurers, Insurance Brokers, assessors and inspectors
- Vehicle Registration Authorities
- Government Departments, Bodies, Agencies or Law Enforcement (where Unified Energy Services is required to by law)
Unified Energy Services does not collect or use ‘Sensitive Information’ in the provision of our products and services, as defined by the Federal Privacy Act 1988 (Cth):
- Race or Ethnic origin;
- Political Opinions;
- Membership of a Political Association;
- Religious Beliefs or Affiliations;
- Philosophical Beliefs
- Membership of a Trade Union
- Sexual Preferences or Practices; or
- Criminal Records
- Health Status and/or related information
Should a staff member request this information from you or you have reason to believe any of the above information is being collected in any form, please contact us immediately so we can immediately address the matter.
Links to Third Parties
Access, Correction and Control of Personal Information
Unified Energy Services has processes in place for and takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we collect and hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We do however rely on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
You have the right to request details about the personal information which we hold about you. Should you believe any information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or incomplete, please contact us by phone on 13 86 43 or email email@example.com as soon as possible. Under the requirements of APP 13 ‘Correction of Personal Information’ we must respond and make necessary corrections within a minimum 30 day timeframe. We will also take reasonable steps to make notification of corrections to any third parties we may have provided the information to where it is still relevant and where they are an APP entity. Should we refuse a request to correct information within the scope provided under APP 13, we will accordingly provide an explanation in writing within the standard required timeframe referred to above.
You may choose to control the collection or use of your personal information by us. This can include:
- Through selecting an available check box (if applicable) stating you do not want your information used for marketing purposes, if you are asked to complete a form on a tablet device by one of our representatives.
- A written request via email to us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints relating to your personal information
Should you have any concerns or wish to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information or you believe there has been a breach of your privacy, please contact us immediately so we can investigate and address your complaint within a reasonable timeframe. You are welcome to call us, email us or mail us.
Unified Energy Services
Level 2/21 Moray St Southbank VIC 3006
Phone: 13 86 43
If after receiving our response you are not satisfied, you may refer your complaint to the ‘Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’.
Phone: 1300 363 992
Postal Address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001
VIC: G2, 51-65 Clarke St,
Southbank, VIC 3006
NSW: 19 / Level 2, 65-71 Belmore Rd,
Randwick, NSW 2031