Victorian Government Slashes Solar Costs by up to 50%!
The first 24,000 eligible* households in Victoria to install solar beginning from 19th August 2018 can claim back 50% of the cost of the system (up to $2,225 value).
*Victorian households are eligible to receive a Solar Homes rebate if the applicant:
- has a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax (based on the most recent tax assessment notices for the home owners)
- is an owner-occupier of a home valued at under $3,000,000 (a copy of a recent Council rates notice will be required)
- the household does not already have a solar panel system installed
- chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product and uses a CEC Accredited Installer
- has had an eligible solar panel system installed on or after 19 August 2018
- engages an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe infringement notice in the past three years